Tuesday 8 January 2013

Product Review- Argan Oil

Good morning, friends! Hope everyone is having a beautiful day! It's sunny and bright here and they tell me it's supposed to get up to 53 degrees today. Doesn't feel much like January, but I'll take it! 

In yesterday's post I told you that I had been doing a lot of work on myself this year. Well, one of the changes I've decided to make is to switch all the products I use on my hair and skin to natural ones that aren't filled with toxic chemicals. Each week I will tell you about a natural product that I've switched to or a new one that I'm trying out. I may even add in recipes for products that I'm making myself. 

The first thing on my list of natural beauty goodies to share is argan oil. I love this stuff! If you have thick curly hair that needs a bit of taming this will be your new best friend! 

The argan tree is native to Morocco and the oil is produced from the kernel of the argan tree using press extraction to obtain the oil. Now, admittedly argan oil is a bit pricey since it is one of the rarest vegetable oils. However, it doesn't take much to do the trick and it's so good for your hair whereas products such as gel or mousse can be drying and damaging, that the price is totally worth it.

I've tried all kind of natural products to tame my hair including coconut oil and even olive oil, but they've all given me the grease ball look. Not so with argan oil! Use it sparingly and wisely and it will give your hair amazing shine and definition. 



Oh, and if you don't like it on your hair, it also makes a great skin moisturizer. It is also commonly used in culinary applications as well. 

So, there you have it! Need to tame a crazy mane? Check out argan oil! You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment