Friday 18 January 2013

Plants for Trade

This morning, in the quiet early hours that are the signature of winter, I came up with an idea. Every year I always try to start enough seedlings so that I can sell a few as well. It never works out well for me. This year I'm going to try something a bit different and I hope that maybe you will join me and make it into a movement.

This  year, instead of selling my plants, I am going to offer them for trade. Not just any old trade, but a trade for a single vegetable from the plant that you took. I am going to set up a table in front of my house with plants and growing instructions and ask that the person who takes the plant bring me back a single vegetable when the plant begins to produce. Any vegetable that is brought back will be used to create a dish to give back to my neighbors. In doing so I can introduce my neighbors to gardening, help provide them with a bit of fresh food and in turn give back again when they bring me back a vegetable.

I am going to set up a page with some buttons to take if you'd like to participate and please feel free to pass this along as well so that we can get other folks involved too!

No comments:

Post a Comment