Monday 21 January 2013

Monday Rundown

It's Monday again! Hope you all had a great week! Will and I got outside a bit this weekend and cleaned out the chicken coop and the chicken yard. Not much fun, but with the cold air moving in this week it's good to get it cleaned up and refilled with good warm hay. They say it's going to be the coldest weather we've had in two years. Yikes! I am no great fan of cold so this does not please me in the least. I predict lots of time snuggled down in bed reading and working on projects.

Even with cold on the way I spent last week looking forward to spring by starting seeds. I had some Michihli cabbage seeds left over from the previous season that I started early in the week and then finished up my seed starting when my order from Baker Creek came in on Saturday. My gardening strategy is a bit different this year with Jacob gone. I've got fewer varieties and I'm starting fewer plants. I tried to find varieties that were short season so that I'm not gardening into late fall this year. I'm also going to start some of the plants that I usually direct sow under the grow lights to give them a jump on the season. I'm trying to make things as quick and easy as possible this year. We'll see how this goes!

I also brought a little spring indoors this week by getting out my sprouting jars and trays and starting some sprouts. It's been so long since I've had fresh sprouts (maybe even since before we moved into the house?!) so they were quite the treat!

I haven't had a chance to do much on the website this week, but I have been working on the e-courses and I am still hoping to have them released on February 2nd. Someone send me some energy if you have any to spare! I know my desire to do anything computer related is going to be low this week what with the cold weather.

That's pretty much the week in review! Hope your upcoming week is magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment