Monday 15 December 2014

Monday Rundown- It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas


Last week I told you that we weren't sure if Jacob was going to make it home for Christmas. After much finagling and some logistical acrobatics it looks like he may just make it. It involves a train, a bus, a dog sitter, a mailbox and maybe even a thumbed ride by the time it's all said and done, but as long as we can get him on the train this Friday he will be home on Sunday morning. I hope. Keep your fingers crossed blogfolk!

In the meantime we've been rushing around trying to get all the Christmas-y things done. I only have a few more gifts to buy, cards to mail and gifts to wrap. I'm planning on spending the next couple of days doing some baking and cleaning. I still have to find some type of roast beast to adorn the table. Jacob wants a goose, but I'm not too keen on spending $70+ for one. Any ideas on where I can get one for less than $70 are welcome!

Will has had a wonderful week which included his first every party with friends. He has such a great time and it was nice for me to be able to talk to some of the other parents n his class. In just the few weeks that he's been at school he has changed so rapidly for the better that it's truly amazing! They also had their Winter Spiral ceremony last Friday and I was amazed at how beautiful it was and how reverent all the children were. Sending him to school was definitely the right choice!

Litha had her first real food yesterday. She thinks unsweetened applesauce tastes funny, but baby oatmeal is pretty good. She also finds it rather amusing to blow raspberries with her food. She's a delicate flower, that one.

So, all in all everything seems to be falling in to place! Have a great week y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment