Monday 8 December 2014

Monday Rundown- I'll Be Home For Christmas, If Only In My Dreams...


I'd hoped my first Monday Rundown after my long hiatus would be a bit more positive, but unfortunately, no such luck.

Jacob's truck has broken down and getting it to someone who can fix it is going to be an epic undertaking since he's 40 miles from even the nearest gas station. We thought it was just a frozen gas line, but after increased temperatures, gas treatment and warming lamps it appears that it is something more serious. Even if he can get it to a mechanic the likelihood of it being taken care of in a timely manner is pretty much nil. Nothing in North Dakota gets done quickly. Mechanics will likely have a backlog of vehicles to repair, parts will take forever and then the fact that if it's a problem with the engine the expense will likely be phenomenal.

I'm not holding my breath that he will make it home for Christmas and I'm completely bummed out about it. I don't know how to tell Will, but I'm planning on refraining from doing so until the end of next week so that it doesn't affect how he's settling in at his new school. I find myself crying and cursing the oilfield and then feeling guilty for it because I feel like I'm biting the hand that feeds. Whatever. I just want my husband home for Christmas.

Of course, I'll rally, just like I always do and turn my focus on things that are more positive. I'll work on my etsy store, I'll use my oils to keep my mood uplifted and I'll be extra mindful with the children, just like I alway do when the oilfield interrupts my life. But for now I'm going to lie down and wallow around in it awhile.

If your loved ones are near to you please give them a hug today. If they are not, be sure they know you love them. And if you have some extra positive vibes or prayers to send, please send them our way. We need a Christmas miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment