Wednesday 23 November 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

First, I apologize for my prolonged absence. I had planned on being away for a week with Jacob having had surgery, but I certainly didn't plan to be away for two weeks! However, I have a good reason! It seems that now I am going to have to have surgery as well! My tonsils and adenoids (I'm still not even sure what an adenoid is!) will be parting ways a week from Friday and the push has been on to get everything done before then because they tell me that the recovery is not an easy one. I'm trying not to be a big chicken about it, but it's been nearly 13 years since I have had any type of surgery or general anesthesia and I'm a little nervous!

That said there have been a few positive things going on as well. First, provided everything goes well it seems that I may be teaching knitting classes at Michael's after the first of the year. However, even if that doesn't pan out I am still in the process of earning my teaching certification from The Craft Yarn Council of America and I'm super excited about it!

Second, I will be finishing the sign up list for the summer CSA by the end of this week. I promise! I got my first seed catalog of the garden planning season yesterday so I know it's time to get my buns in gear and get this done before planting season sneaks up on me!

Third, I am entertaining the idea of having a quarterly fete featuring any works by my knitting students, some of my own work and herbal concoctions and hopefully the work of a local artist. I miss being involved in art and gallery work and it's hard for me to get outside my house so I figure why not just combine the two?

Anyhow, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment